Battery BTX9-BS for SYM Joyride 125 / Evo
Models of the years 2001 to 2017
Alternative size designations YTX9-BS / GTX9-BS / FTX9-BS / YTR9-BS / ETX-9-BS
Battery BTX9-BS for SYM Joyride 125 / Evo maintenance-free -includes acid-packagevery high quality with better starting performance and longer lifetime!
-reduced self-discharging of battery to the lowest level and longer life span
size: 150x87x105 mm
-totally leakproof and corrosion proof
-safer for user, environment and scooter
-easy to install like the original battery
- Longer life and significantly reduced self-discharge rate in comparison to conventional batteries
- Maintenance free
- More safety for health, the environment and your SYM Joyride 125 / Evo
- Simple assembly instead of the original battery
- Battery is already dry charged, therefore quick easy installation
- Acid level control is usually not necessary because the self-discharge is less than that of standard batteries.
- The battery begins at first use through the filling with acid with the self-discharge. Can therefore be stored indefinitely.
- Stable resistant battery case
- Permanent pressure sealed connection of the battery housing components as a fixed unit for maximum stability
- High degree of material resistance against oil and acid gases
- Protection against extreme weather conditions
- vibration-proof through the special active materials and bulk carrier grids, which resist vibrations and ensure the long-term duration of use
- 2 years full German warranty
Complete battery set for SYM Joyride 125 / Evo ready for immediate use!
To consider when you make the battery ready:
The batteries are supplied dry pre-charged and are activated by filling in the included battery acid into these.
Use no other acid or somthing similar to fill!
After the rest-less filling up of the battery with the supplied specially suitable battery acid (never use something else) let the battery rest.
After about 30 minutes (at best then when the battery forms no more bubbles) charge it fully.
Then just close the shutter bar.
Thereafter do not open the battery anymore!
Checking of the acid level is usually not necessary because the self-discharge is less than that of standard batteries.
During prolonged periods of "non-use", for example as is often the case with overwintering, remove the battery and take it off the on-board voltage.
Then store it in a cool and dry place and regularly charge it with a battery charger.
The battery is an interconnection of multiple galvanic cells.
Each of the cells includes a plurality of lead grids.
These are coated alternated with lead oxide, this is the positive / plus pole of the battery, and very porous lead, which is the negative / minus pole.
The separator consists of a microporous insulating material. The separator prevents the plates from touching each other and so would cause a short circuit.
The battery is pre-charged in a dry state.
When now the electrolyte, so the diluted sulfuric acid, is poured into the battery, the discharge starts.
During the discharging, electrons migrate from the negative to the positive pole. Here arise per cell about 2Volt current (1.75 to 2.4 V).
Through series connection, so for example of three cells, you have a 6 volt battery, of six cells a 12 volt battery.
The series connection of the battery is totally defective should only one cell fail or be damaged!
Each battery has a certain amount of wear which can not be prevented.
For example, it is so that the lead plates corrode over time and lose material.
Impurities and dirt deposites may arise that can develop to a highly flammable explosive gas.
Over time, the batteries sulfate, because the sulfur of the electrolyte combines with the lead of the plates and forms crystals which inhibit the flow of electrons.
To the batteries is added an Antisulfat. This significantly slows these processes and thus the battery has a much longer battery life!
The disadvantage of this is that in the dry state, the battery can not be strongly charged.
Therefore it is for a long battery life necessary, after the filling and the rest period to fully charge these!
(Pictures are sample pictures)